An Absurd Idea.
Honestly, I like the idea of using the whole staff concept, but staves ARENT the only option for a melee sorceress. Axes, Polearms, and Mauls are also good choices. All of them are in the same weapon class, so they all have the same speed. The base fpa for normal 2h weapons for sorcs is 15 for 0 speed weapons. Thats the fastest melee 2h attack in the game!

For staves, Stalagmites and Archon Staves have 91 average damage (archon has better minimum)
Axes, the pickings are just like staves withouth the undead bonus. Decapitators have 93 and Glorious Axes have 92. Feral axes are FAST, but average 74 damage. Good for low IAS equipment.
Polearms have the range, which may be good for certain melee sorcs. If you are going for range and speed, Giant Threshers have the best, but require too much dex for a non-blocker. Colossus Voulges have the best damage, but only 4 sockets and are a tad bit slow. Only 55 dex though.
Mauls are where the damage is at. Thundermauls have the highest damage in the game, but are really really slow and require massive str to use. Thundermauls also have the highest possible damage in the game if you get a perfect rare one, but you aren't going to.
Looking at this closer:
Staves - Low req, + skills, +50% undead, 2 range, Low-Mid durability
Axes - Low dex, High Str, 3-4 range, Mid Durability
Polearms - High Str, High/low dex, 3-5 range, Higher Durability
Mauls - High Str, best damage, higher durability, very slow (in comparison)
Also, Staves/polearms can have insight, which when combined with a maxed telekinesis/energyshield can cause massive amounts of replenishing energy. level 20 energy shield takes around 95% damage, level 20 telekinesis reduced that damage to 1/4th, and it is instantly regenerated by (hopefully) 20 points in warmth and +600% mana regeneration.

Doom is an option for axes, polearms, and mauls, imagine a merc with prayer/insight (the meditation gains bonuses from prayer) and you using a doom decapitator.

Death on an axe will rock, but no IAS, which is a problem.

Destruction on axe, ehh, there's better things out there.

Looking at grief, it could be very good on an axe because of its fast attack and min/max damage bonuses as well as deadly strike.

Last wish is on polearms and axes (the triple jah runeword, bah!)

Pride works better on mercs, but its for polearms here too.

I've missed a bunch of good stuff, I know, but I'm getting tired of looking them all up.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.

Messages In This Thread
An Absurd Idea. - by Doc - 01-25-2005, 08:44 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by Yogi_Baar - 01-27-2005, 08:42 AM
An Absurd Idea. - by Little Faith - 02-07-2005, 08:54 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by ICanChangTheWorLd - 02-16-2005, 12:21 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by whathuh - 02-16-2005, 03:57 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by Little Faith - 02-18-2005, 02:14 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by Doc - 02-18-2005, 03:34 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by whathuh - 02-18-2005, 03:46 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by goldfish - 03-30-2005, 07:39 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by phaedi - 03-30-2005, 09:29 PM