For the love of god! Save me!
Lord_Olf,Jan 28 2005, 03:52 AM Wrote:Hail,
First off: I haven't played D2LOD in quite some time, so some things I mention may not be 100 percent to the point (synergies, exact percentages of boni etc.).

I'm not really sure what would help you Barb right now, but some things to consider:

I would not have maxed Iron Skin and gone for Shout instead. Shout starts with +100% Defense, not sure about Iron Skin, but its percentage is less. Sure, it is not a passive skill like Iron Skin, but its mana cost is low, so you can recast it often, if need be.

BO is really low, I think; I definitely would have gotten it higher. Two reasons for that: First off, the benefit of BO itself, i. e. more life. But you are using concentrate, and BO gives 10% damage bonus to Concentrate per level. If you pump Concentrate itself, it's only 5% per level. Granted, the AR increase is useful, but I would have at least divided the points between Concentrate and BO, if not even kept Conc at 1 and pumped BO instead.

Otherwise, I'm not sure if Whirlwind works that well with Axes. I seem to remember that the weapons range enters into the WW equation somewhere, and also think that Swords have better range. But that's a matter of style, afterr all.

So, I can't offer you any "quick fix" to your problem, as Skills are what they are and resists seem sound. But if you build another barb, you might consider doing things a bit differently - but as always, YMMV.

Take care,
Lord_Olf
[right][snapback]66577[/snapback][/right]

1. FWIW

Shout Versus Iron Skin

DR % Increase
100-290 from level 1-20 Shout
30-220 from level 1-20 Iron Skin

If one pumps Shout, a point in Iron Skin still helps with that "first point is a great point" boost. :)

2. WW does account for Weapons Range.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
For the love of god! Save me! - by Occhidiangela - 01-26-2005, 04:41 PM
For the love of god! Save me! - by Lord_Olf - 01-28-2005, 09:52 AM
For the love of god! Save me! - by Occhidiangela - 01-28-2005, 07:46 PM
For the love of god! Save me! - by Occhidiangela - 01-28-2005, 09:52 PM
For the love of god! Save me! - by Lord_Olf - 01-30-2005, 04:36 PM
For the love of god! Save me! - by Occhidiangela - 01-31-2005, 02:41 PM
For the love of god! Save me! - by mjagger - 02-01-2005, 09:55 AM