For the love of god! Save me!
Psychic_sumo_ninja,Jan 28 2005, 03:16 AM Wrote:I found duriels shell. Is it worth keeping? Or should i give it to my merc?

Yes. Nice armor. :)

Quote:Not sure about leech. Life without BO: 850. with BO: 1195

More BO skill pts and more Warcries plusses if you can find t hem will be a help for both Mana and Health in Act V Hell.

Quote: I had an Act 3 merc, but ditched him for an act 2 might merc in hell. He currently has hwanins helm+mail and tannr gorebod lance. He dies too often. Where can i get him to lvl up?

Tanner Gorerod is a Pike, base damage a bit lame for Hell Diff . . . or did you upgrade it to a Lance with the Horadric Cube? Might want to try gambling for a rare lance, hopefully with life leach. Or, the Strength Rune Word, (Amn Tir in a two socketed Lance,) if you stumble over one, is handy. Exceptional Pole Arms are handy too, if the Damage Mods are high enough. If you find a War Pike, blue, KEEP IT. You may be able to cube it using three perfect gems to have enhanced damage.

What level was merc when you got him? What level is he now? What is his Aura?

If he is in his 60's, level him up in NM Baal Run Games, but you go to Glacial Trail or Ancient's Way while the other folks are whacking Baal. When he gets into the 70's, he should slowly catch up to you in normal play. If not, wander around Act II areas to add a few more levels to him, places where you don't get swarmed all the time. Avoid the Arcane Sanctuary, since you are a Barb and Spectres are Physically Immune. Too much work.

Quote:(With Berserk) Usually i just get swarmed and die. But maybe with taunt, i can take care of the problem now.  They are the problem. How can i take care of them? Higher defense or life? Or both? but theyre not the only ones. died at the hands of urdars too. (even died against a flayer once)  I'm doing meph runs. Its the little champion rats in the durance that are problematic.

Taunt them to your merc one at a time, let him kill them. He won't die from their explosions, but will from being swarmed.

Quote:My resits are all maxed now.(thanks to duriels shell) Only lightning is low. (AFAK it's 77)  Thanks for all the help.

Btw, i have Whitstans guard in inventory. Is it worth keeping? I heard it has the highest chance to block. What sort of dex should i aim for to get the elusive 75%?
Right now it's 143 with equip.

Total Blocking = (Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2)

Insert values into the formula for dex and set Total Blocking to 75 as you go up levels to see what you need to keep it at 75.

As of now, your total blocking with Whitsun's would be

(92%*(143-15)/72*2 = 82% (capped to 75 %.) Might want to socket it with a perfect Diamond for the resists, or an Um if you stumble across one.

EDIT: I typed 87%, the calc says 82. Not sure what I did there.

(PS: I assume you got another level on the way to kill Diablo? Grats on laying the Smack Down on Big D.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
For the love of god! Save me! - by Occhidiangela - 01-26-2005, 04:41 PM
For the love of god! Save me! - by Lord_Olf - 01-28-2005, 09:52 AM
For the love of god! Save me! - by Occhidiangela - 01-28-2005, 07:46 PM
For the love of god! Save me! - by Occhidiangela - 01-28-2005, 09:52 PM
For the love of god! Save me! - by Lord_Olf - 01-30-2005, 04:36 PM
For the love of god! Save me! - by Occhidiangela - 01-31-2005, 02:41 PM
For the love of god! Save me! - by mjagger - 02-01-2005, 09:55 AM