An Absurd Idea.
I was thinking this morning, a dangerous thing to do indeed, when it occured to me...

You could put the Passion rune word into a staff.

I instantly thought of all the usual suspects. Zealing staff barbs, zealing and berserking staff amazons, stickball playing variants, etc.

It crept into my mind that there are a wide variety of rune words for staves now. Some of them melee, some of them not. Some are just confusing, like Insight. Is it for melee or for a caster? Or both?

So why not stick a staff where it belongs? No jokes about the Prime Evil's orifices now... A staff wielding sorceress. A staff wielding melee sorceress.

Zealing and berserking with a Passion staff would look quite funny I believe. Smacking something with an Insight staff could potentially be quite painful with the Critical Strike chance. Malice would be good for those times when you feel cruel, and for those high end out of reach rune words with impossible runes, I reckon you could use those as well. Fortitude looks almost possible... But I have never even seen a Lo rune. Dex could be kept lowish, as there is no need for a lot of dex with staves low requirements, as well as Enchant adding a stupid amount of AR. So one could potentially be free to pump as much strength and vitality as one wishes, making a very high defense build, which would be rendered useless while berserking. Pump a cold armor, get a Defiance Merc, and you could conceiveably make a reasonably durable sorceress.

I propose to name this build The Spanker Sorceress, as she would go around giving deserving monsters the caning they deserve. She could keep several staves around for different purposes, A Leaf Staff for Enchanting, A Passion Staff for hardcore caning, Insight, along with Energy shield for dangerous areas where much tanking is involved.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."

Messages In This Thread
An Absurd Idea. - by Doc - 01-25-2005, 08:44 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by Yogi_Baar - 01-27-2005, 08:42 AM
An Absurd Idea. - by Little Faith - 02-07-2005, 08:54 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by ICanChangTheWorLd - 02-16-2005, 12:21 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by whathuh - 02-16-2005, 03:57 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by Little Faith - 02-18-2005, 02:14 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by Doc - 02-18-2005, 03:34 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by whathuh - 02-18-2005, 03:46 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by goldfish - 03-30-2005, 07:39 PM
An Absurd Idea. - by phaedi - 03-30-2005, 09:29 PM