Working on a Zealot (or other type of pally)
mageofthesands,Jan 19 2005, 02:53 AM Wrote:Avengers used to be very mana intensive *grumbles something about Insight mercs taking the Medic's job*.  How many points into Holy Shield is "a few"?
[right][snapback]65842[/snapback][/right]
Hi!

Back in 1.10 I had a lvl 88 pally that relied on fanaticism. He had the skill maxed and also vengeance. Since the mana cost was really quite annoying then, I used exactly the same method as Munkay: 1 point in redemption. (1 point wonder that got of course upped by the +5 or so to all skills) Since you're mainly gonna use this skill for physical immunes, that should be enough to solve your mana problems. Overmore, this skill also helps you against the leech penalty of some monsters, especially in hell (since it's not affected by it when the foes are dead IIRC). Further skills have been
Holy Shield (20)
Salvation(1)
Holy Freeze(~8)
Thorns(~10)
Zeal(~10)

I don't recall the exact numbers for all skills, though. Just know that I already maxed Vengeance, Fanaticism and Holy Shield, and was working on Zeal for the damage bonus. The Holy Freeze and the Thorns are rudiments from his pre-1.10 days, and are sometimes fairly useful.
My equipment was quite good, I had no elite rune words, though:
Heaven's Light
Herald Of Zakarum
Templar's Might
Veil of Steel/Andariel's Visage
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Raven Frost
Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
several charms that I thought were good.

He was doing quite well, of course since I played him singleplayer I mostly didn't have to cope with the lag monster.
Anyways, good luck!

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.

Messages In This Thread
Working on a Zealot (or other type of pally) - by Fragbait - 01-21-2005, 11:11 AM