Want to try a great online web game...
Rhydderch Hael,Apr 9 2003, 03:54 AM Wrote:But the Skag...it skunks the deal. Only way I can tender this alliance would be to first smash the remaining German fleet, then proceed with the deal. Once Germany's capacity the threaten Scandinavia is gone (by the loss of naval power), the deal can go forth. The problem is how to try and strike up a deal right after tearing that last Fleet to shreds.
Well, with a more reasonable player I'd point out that I had a stranglehold on Scandinavia, and that one little fleet wasn't going to do anything, and that Germany REALLY needs another army right now, leading to an arranged annihilation of the fleet. Of course, this Germany will probably react "Destroy MY unit? No! Diediedie, &c".

You could do it for him. F Hel-NTS, F Nwy-SKA, F Den S F Nwy-SKA, A Swe S F Den would destroy it given any move other than A Kie-Den, which I doubt he'll do with the Austrian in Munich. Then, I suppose you could point out to him after the fact that he needs another army to stop Austria.

And this looks to be one of the tiny minority of games where Austria does well without a Germany. A lethargic Italy, incompetent Turkey, and Russia in civil.

Messages In This Thread
Want to try a great online web game... - by Irre - 02-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Quark - 02-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Skandranon - 04-09-2003, 02:39 PM