Want to try a great online web game...
Skandranon,Apr 7 2003, 07:20 PM Wrote:...Germany resembles a child.  Blindly lashing out in whatever direction concerns him, with seemingly random amounts of force.  Anyway, he's going to go down hard, and hopefully he sees that.  Which means, of course, that it's time to deal.  I'd offer help in exchange for a disband of F Lvn.  ...
Unfortunately, the German's retreat decision was most...unwise. The German disbanded Livonia and retreated the Denmark fleet into the Skagerrak.

If he had retreated to the Baltic, I would have easily tabled a deal with Germany on the promise of British army support of a German play on Moscow, a trade of St. Petersburg for Holland in a war against France, and non-aggression so he could (with that tottering Turkish player's allying himself to Germany) take out my biggest rival now: Austria. Thus, closing the German front, I could pay attention to the still-strong but noncommital French.

But the Skag...it skunks the deal. Only way I can tender this alliance would be to first smash the remaining German fleet, then proceed with the deal. Once Germany's capacity the threaten Scandinavia is gone (by the loss of naval power), the deal can go forth. The problem is how to try and strike up a deal right after tearing that last Fleet to shreds.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.

Messages In This Thread
Want to try a great online web game... - by Irre - 02-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Quark - 02-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Rhydderch Hael - 04-09-2003, 04:03 AM