Fresh Ladder startup strategies?
I would like to give my opinion on this issue also.

Personally I have done a lot of rushing in 110 ladder 1 as I thought this is actaully a fun way to play.

I use 2 cd-keys and these are the steps I used.

1. create a game with a lvl 1 char, then with a rusher joined and pass him through act 1. Normally takes 1 minutes or so.

2. exit and create another new game with another lvl 1 char, and rush him to act 2 and finish the quests in order - get staff, ammy, summnoer and then finally the tomb. Rusher then kill boss while lvl 1 char doesn't need to be down at the chamber. When its done, rusher exist and then the earlier lvl 1 char join the game and party. The one down there at the tomb goes down to the chamber and finish the last quest. Both chars get the credit and move to act 3.

3. one of them exist, rusher joins in again, finish act3, 4, and then act 5 save anya in order.

4. usually I use a sorc as the rusher (normally I prefer fire ball sorc), the key to rush act 4 is to take off the weapon from your merc and put it in your inventory, you goal is to open the seal and kill the 3 boss, if you are not messing around, it will normally take less than 2-3 mins in normal.

5. after finishing all of the above, rush the other one (lvl 1 char) through act 3-5 again.

6. For the one that actually gone through act 2, I will use him to level up. join a game with 5-6 players, then call in another enchant sorc (yes, I have 2 cd-keys as mentioned above).

7. how to run a lvl 1 char in less than 30 minutes? there are some little tircks.

8. first, you will need to prepare some items : I prefer to have :
a. a 2 sock helm : with 2 Chipped Amethyst in
b. a 2/3 sock armor : with 2/3 Chipped Amethyst in
c. a 2/3 sock short bow : with 2/3Chipped Diamond in
d. Hsarus' Iron Stay (Belt) and Hsarus' Iron Heel (Chain Boots)
e. Raven Claws (this is a must)
f. greyform is preferred but not a must
g. 2 nagel ring
h. some +str GC, which allows you to use on/before lvl 10. from +3 to +5 I believe, you traget is to get 30str.
i. bloodfist

my point is, if you have certain amount of extra AR, after the enchant, your AR will be huge, of coruse, some may argue these kind of AR is overkill, then you may want to sub it with some chipped ruby also - extra life instead.

Also try to join game with name such as Act3 start, Act4-5, etc. - meaning nobody is going to bother you at act 1 and act 2 and the red portal to Tris had been opended.

9. lvl 1 char goes to stoney and start to clear out couple pack of champions or uniques packs, and proceeds into the red protal and clear it out (don't forget to pick up writ's leg), after that, you may also want to Dark wood to take out couple unique packs also. Don't bother with normal monster, unique packs will give you huge bonus of exp.

10. normally, after this, I will have lvl 9-10, then I proceed to act 2, here I change my gear and put all of the above on except Raven Claw, i will put it in my cube.

11. Proceed to Rocky Waste, if you are lucky, you will see some Scarab Demon, congrats! these monsters will be very easy to crack and they give you HUGE exp. Then proceed to The Stony Tomb, and normally, before you even clear it out, you will be lvl 15.

12. time for another enchant.

13. Now let the fun starts, go to Canyon of the Magi and choose whatever tomb you like, you will easily get to lvl 20 in less than few minutes.

14. Back to act 1, give the leg to enchant sorc and she will creat the cow level for you.

15. Have fun in the cow level, you should be in 24 lvl in few minutes.

16. As not to leave a bad taste for some other players in this game, normally I will create a new game and kill the ancients.

17. but before I leave, I normally will type a smile face and say hello to them again :) remember me? the lvl 1 bar who joined this game 20-30 minuest ago?

so, I would say that getting a lvl 25 char is quite easy if you will have 2 cd-keys. Normally it takes me less than 1 hour to do so.

You may ask why do I need to rush another char in act 2? Well, after I leveling up the 25 lvl char to 40, I will use my rusher to clear the game and hit baal with about little life left, then call in my enchant sorc to enchant the 40 lvl char, then enchant sorc left, lvl 1 char joins in and party. Lvl 40 char makes the kill, both got credit and advance to NM.

By creating a new char, I normally get an extra mule with him all the way to hell - meaning extra runes.

No doubt someone will argue this is some type of cheating, but when you spend the time and effort to study what type of items you need to use, where to level and how to proceed,

and also can amaze someone in the same game within 30 minutes while they may only gain 2 levels in that time and you flying from level 1 to level 24...

that was fun.

Messages In This Thread
Fresh Ladder startup strategies? - by Crystalion - 07-05-2004, 08:57 AM
Fresh Ladder startup strategies? - by Caaroid - 07-05-2004, 11:13 AM
Fresh Ladder startup strategies? - by Crystalion - 07-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Fresh Ladder startup strategies? - by Caaroid - 07-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Fresh Ladder startup strategies? - by Crystalion - 07-06-2004, 03:24 AM
Fresh Ladder startup strategies? - by Caaroid - 07-06-2004, 07:10 AM
Fresh Ladder startup strategies? - by CelticHound - 07-06-2004, 07:20 AM
Fresh Ladder startup strategies? - by CelticHound - 07-06-2004, 08:32 AM
Fresh Ladder startup strategies? - by devzero - 07-06-2004, 08:46 AM
Fresh Ladder startup strategies? - by Crystalion - 07-07-2004, 08:57 AM