Want to try a great online web game...
Skandranon,Mar 29 2003, 10:32 PM Wrote:... Turkey...!  What happened to HIM?  Over half his units stand there looking pathetic while Austria sinks a sword into him.  I say "sword" because the attack is far too obvious to be termed a "backstab".  Never heard of supporting "just in case", I see.  Well, Turkey's learning the consequences of blindfolding himself in a room full of daggers.  I'd gamed out some possibilities where Turkey defended properly and drove hard for a solo win, but that's all out the window now.  Which only goes to show that when projecting what beginners will do, experienced players like myself can make perfectly logical assumptions which bear absolutely no relation to what they're going to do.

It looks like cooperation to me; the operative move is AUSTRIAN A Tri-Bud - moving *away* from the area of highest tension.  Which means that Turkey's in a bit of a bind right now.  Against experienced players he'd be in more than a bind, he'd be dead after A Apu-Smy, F IOS C A Apu-Smy, F AEG C A Apu-Smy, and A Rum-Bul, A Ser S A Rum-Bul, F Gre S A Rum-Bul.  As it is he might still come out of this alive through some failure to grasp the correct tactical move on Austria's part (probably an attempt to support Rum in place), or an attempt by Italy to take Greece. ...
Turkey's sword in the gut is all the more politically painful given that he was offering support to Austria to take Warsaw from the German. :D But all in all, I agree to the layout: Germany is going to have enough trouble tangling with the English fleets (and given past orders and tactics, you can pretty much count of him retreating the Denmark fleet to the Skag instead of the craftier play on the Baltic). And Turkey seriously needs tobe kept from rampaging freely across the lands. Austria (and now Italy) can see to that.

I've already detailed to Austria the plan of attack he may table to Italy against Turkey. At least it keeps the Russian frontier looking a bit more like a No-Man's Land rather than Turkey's playground.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.

Messages In This Thread
Want to try a great online web game... - by Irre - 02-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Quark - 02-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Rhydderch Hael - 03-30-2003, 07:07 AM