Want to try a great online web game...
Welcome to the world of Diplomacy, BanditAngel... :)

At worst, Austria gives up one of his Home centers in order to secure Greece and Serbia (hoping that his two Builds will kick the Italian out of his lands). But perhaps the guy will focus on kicking the Italian out of Trieste now, which leaves Greece on a standoff between you and Italy (it will take all three of Austria's units to evict the Italian from Trieste, thanks to the support Trieste gets from the army now sitting in Venice). Then again, the Italain needs only to order his Fleet to attack the Austrian Fleet to create a standoff and thus win Trieste (that is, if the Austrian Fleet only offers support and is not the actual attacking unit).

Bah. Rumania is yours. Austria can't take it, not while he's focused on the Italian invasion. And what is Russia going to do? Move his Fleet into it? You have two units ready to take Rumania: the army in Bulgaria and the Fleet in the Black Sea. I suggest convoying the Constantinople army to Rumania, using your army in Bulgaria for support, and capture. What is Russia going to do about it? His fleet will most likely stay in Stevastopol for the Fall turn (having bounced off Rumania as you attacked it) meaning he can't build reinforcements there. Only way Russia gets a build is to capture Sweden (and a little talk with Germany, to bounce Russia out of there, solves that problem!), and I doubt your Russian has the foresight to clear the docks of Stevastopol for an anticipated Build by moving to Armenia (and thus surrendering Rumania to you).

So, to cap it off: Austria is going to be seeing green for a while, and your can hurt Russia a bit right off the bat while gaining 2 builds for yourself. Get Germany on your side if you want to hurt Russia some more (the standoff between Germany and Russia on the Swedish issue gave me new hope in my game) and tell the German that all he needs to do to block Russian access to Sweden is by making an unsupported attack from Denmark to Sweden. He'll bounce back to Denmark, and the Russian will be stuck out on the water. No Builds for Mr. Russia this time...

I would keep an eye out on Italy, though. Your Italian is much more aggressive than my Italian, and he may try a naval attack through the Bosphorus Straits (bypassing Greece and going the little-known route of Ioninan and Eastern Mediterranen sea routes. Bet on an Italian Fleet being built in Naples, and watch out.
--------------------------------------------------

My bets as to whom moves where:

Austria: A Budapest -> Vienna, F Albania -> Greece, A Serbia supports F Albania -> Greece. This on the hope to minimize the bleeding of the Italian hit (by keeping Italy out of two Austrian core centers) and securing two Supply Centers to save himself next Spring by getting a Build in Vienna perhaps.

Italy: A Trieste holds, A Venice supports A Trieste, and either F Ionian -> Greece (if he doesn't trust you in creating a standoff with Austria over it) to keep Austria at 3 units, or he gets greedy and goes for F Ioninan -> Tunis in order to snag 2 Builds for himself while Austria might get only 1 (if Austria gets Greece).

Russia: Let's face it, the guy's stuck. F Gulf of Bothnia -> Sweden (dependant on German bounce) and F Stevastopol -> Rumania are his payoffs, and both can be blocked this turn. The Russian can try A Prussia -> Berlin, but the German army in Kiel could just go A Kiel -> Berlin and shut that down.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.

Messages In This Thread
Want to try a great online web game... - by Irre - 02-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Quark - 02-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Rhydderch Hael - 03-30-2003, 05:57 AM