Want to try a great online web game...
Dangit, dangit, dangit. Why should I play conservatively to maximize my minimum gains when the enemy does not do as they best should!?

I rolled the dice and sent the London fleet to the North Sea. The German, for his part, did a smart play and attempt a block of NtS from Denmark. Had I not considered to support the London Fleet sortie with the unit stationed in the Helgoland, the German could have derailed the whole effort.

The silly thing was the failure to move a unit in Kiel or the Baltic. As luvvy-duvvy as France and Germany have been concerning the Low Countries, he should have moved the Holland or Munich army in, and send the Prussian fleet to sea.

Had I followed the prescribed course, the German would have bottled the Helgoland unit in, the Norwegian fleet would have to be withdrawn to defend StP (what lo if the German feinted and lured that fleet back into the cul-de-sac!), and the German could easily effect a retreat from Denmark into the North Sea (to tag me in the next turn!).

And France? Civic disarray. Failure to send orders.

But back at the German: I was fully expecting A Mun-Kie, F Pru-Bal, and then create a standoff in Denmark in Fall 1903, thus denying me the build and salvation from the French attack that was sure to come upon the Home island. In fact, the German could have continued the standoff in Fall 1903 with F Den-Skag, A Mun sup F Den, F Bal sup F Den and continue to hold Denmark indefinitely by denying me the chance to introduce F Nor-Skag to break the standoff! (At which point I entertain a suprise flanking on Holland)

But that plan's out the window, of course.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.

Messages In This Thread
Want to try a great online web game... - by Irre - 02-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Quark - 02-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Rhydderch Hael - 03-29-2003, 09:23 PM