Looking to become a first time mozilla user
DeeBye,May 27 2004, 03:21 PM Wrote:With tabbed browsing, I can have one instance of Firefox running instead of several, no matter how many webpages I have open at once.  Switching between them is simple.  All you do is click tabs.  Closing them is equally simple.  Just click the tab and hit the button (or right-click the tab and close it from the context menu).
Hate to point the obvious but... (I actually love it) you can switch between tabs with Ctrl+Tab and close tabs with Ctrl+F4, so it's easy to use them that way.

As for what they're useful for, I really like the fact that I can simply middle-click a link and it'll load in a tab in my current browser window while I keep reading (they open in the background), very good when you're, for example, checking some sort of picture/screenshot gallery. Middle-click them all, go to the last opened one, and start closing tabs as you look at the pictures (You close the tab it sends to the front the one immediately to the left). Reading a news story? I cna open related links the same way as I read through, then check them when I'm done with the main page.

Tabbed browsing gets a bit to get used to, at first I didn't see any advantages either. That changed.

Messages In This Thread
Looking to become a first time mozilla user - by Walkiry - 05-27-2004, 03:20 PM