Looking to become a first time mozilla user
DeeBye,May 27 2004, 01:44 AM Wrote:edit: Here's what Firefox looks like for me, after spending a fair bit of time customizing it to suit me.
Picture
I'd have to agree with DeeBye's points about Firefox. Just to show that you can have a variety of setups for it, I have included a picture of my browser window of his browser window here (179 KB). It shows a different set of button graphics, a couple buttons DeeBye didn't have and the open sidebar of my links.

As stated previously, the biggest problem with Firefox seems to be pages written specifically for IE using scripting in buttons and links. This is easiest to see at the microsoft site and in microsoft product help files that want to be viewed in a browser. It's the same old story - microsoft does it their way because their way is always the best way. After all, they wouldn't hold the market share they do if they didn't know what was best, right? :blink: (Sorry, you can probably tell I spent a couple hours today fighting with windows and AOL, both excellent examples of selling bloated rotten fish as caviar - blech!)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

Messages In This Thread
Looking to become a first time mozilla user - by LochnarITB - 05-27-2004, 04:38 AM