Looking to become a first time mozilla user
I've some experience with Firefox and its earlier incarnations, such as Firebird, but none with Mozilla or Thunderbird.

From what I can tell, they're based off of Netscape, and not IE (I like IE's interface more, but I guess Microsoft made/would make a big stink over the usage of IE in that way), but that's rather obvious, especially since they mention that on the site ^_^

From what I've been told and what I've read, Mozilla's various browsers and client-side software are more secure than Netscape or IE, but I don't know much about it, so I'll just take their word for it.

Firefox and Firebird have repeatedly crashed my system in the past, though only when typing text into boxes with animated icons nearby (such as on InvisionBoard forums like these, and sign-up stuff), though I'm pretty sure that's just my system's instability, and not a bug with Firefox. With IE, I can click the "Stop" button, and all of the icons stop animating - with Firefox, I cannot.

Firefox also APPEARS to consume more resources (my hard drive accesses almost constantly while it's running), but I've been told that it doesn't "hide" its resource usage like IE, but that sounds like propoganda, if you ask me.

IE has worked fine for me, so I don't really see the need for Firefox or other "unofficial" browsers, but I'm sure that they're great if you know enough to be able to tell a difference ^_^
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.

Messages In This Thread
Looking to become a first time mozilla user - by Artega - 05-27-2004, 01:15 AM