Anyone know... Combo Boxes in Excel 2003?
Okay. eBay charges an 'insertion fee' based on how much the starting price of the item is. It is not a calculated rate so I can't just multiple the starting price by 'x'%. It uses a table with specific break points, at which point a fee is included:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

So what I'm trying to do is have a cell with a drop down option that says something like <= $0.99, <= $9.99, <= $24.99, etc., in the drop down box. Then in a separate cell have the corresponding 'fee' calculated based on what is chosen.

Only after a few hours did I realized I didn't need a drop down box for the minimum selling price. This allowed for more flexibility as the user could enter whatever minimum rate they desired and the nested 'if' statements would give the appropriate fee. I just wonder if there is a better way to retrieve the data by matching up what the user typed in for a minimum selling price with the fees chart without having to make a huge nested 'if' statement. I tried placing the minimum selling price on A100-A106 and the fee on B100-B106 and tried everything to get it to say, alright we got $50.00 entered, so the corresponding fee on the next column, same row is... but could not figure out how to do it right.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Anyone know... Combo Boxes in Excel 2003? - by Taem - 04-27-2004, 07:18 PM