Anyone know... Combo Boxes in Excel 2003?
OMG, I'm so confused! Alrighty, I ditched the combo-box idea until I learn some more VB.

I used cell Validation to do a Yes/No drop down box and inserted some nice text in there with some criteria (never knew about cell validation before - fantastic tool!). Then I made an IF statement for such things as, Buy-It-Now, Gallery, Listing Designer, etc; if they said no, value was set to zero, but if yes, appropiate value was entered.

I also used the cell Validation technique to make a list for number of pictures from 0-6, and added the appropiate charge in a box.

I COULD get the cell Validation to referance my Starting Bid table way off screen in the hundreds somewhere, but could NOT get it to match up with a corresponding Listing Fee amount. I tried Vlookup, Match, If + Choose... I racked my brain. Eventually I just used a nested IF statement with multiple IF statements which seemed to work perfectly under numerous tests such as entering negative values, letters, and decimals.

So I was a little dissappointed I could not grasp how to make the drop-down box a reality, however I learned something new and made my spread sheet work, which is what I really wanted in the first place. Thanks everyone who helped me, as I would not have been able to figure this out without the responces of everyone who replied (literally, I refferenced all three of the posts which stated what I could do). Thanks again for the help. If anyone has any more ideas on the drop-down box idea and how to make a cell display a fee amount that corrosponds to the number they choose on the same row and table (I'm pretty sure it was already written, but I'm an idiot an Excel), please let me know.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Anyone know... Combo Boxes in Excel 2003? - by Taem - 04-27-2004, 07:50 AM