Want to try a great online web game...
Skandranon,Mar 22 2003, 04:05 AM Wrote:Hmmm.  I can't tell how good Austria is.  A textbook Balkan Gambit followed by a failure to submit doesn't say anything more than that Austria reads the books.  Although, if I were you, I'd err on the side of caution and assume that Austria's at least decent, in which case any hints he may have been giving you regarding warring on Germany are just smokescreen.  Austria almost never wins when Germany goes down.
Now that you point it out, if the Austrian is worth his salt, this whole civic disarray thing may have been a calculated move on his part to smoke out my intentions while looking purely innocent. A Turkish-Austrian alliance was obvious from Day 1: the Austrian had nothing to fear from the south. By failing to submit moves, he gets to hold off my suggested stab at Munich, heeding to German sentiments, while looking like he's still playing on my side of the line!

That, or he truly messed up. "Plan for the worst, hope for the best." Damn, you know how that works on my stomach? :blink: ;)
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.

Messages In This Thread
Want to try a great online web game... - by Irre - 02-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Quark - 02-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Rhydderch Hael - 03-22-2003, 08:41 PM