Where to spend Hammerdin's extra points?
Don't use smite, you'll most probably want to go with herald of zakarum for the bonuses it gives to your hammers. You need skills, skills and more skills (well and some faster cast rate) for hammers to be useful in d2x... and hoz has lousy base smite damage.

Charge however can be very poweful due to concentration, and the fact that attack speed is pretty much ignored for it, just grab a mallet or an axe and put a hel rune in it to lower the reqs to more friendly hammeradin levels.

Holy shield lets you keep your dex down, and put points into vitality and even energy if you need to. Blocking is a good thing, and with a high block shield like the Herald level 10 holy shield (not to mention you can have +4 from using herald, which means you can save points or just have higher) over top of it will keep you from ever needing much dexterity for 75% block rate.

I'd take both meditation and redemption, both have their uses. And if you're not packing leech and a bunch of potions redemtion (with the various skill items I'd personally suggest adding in, such as a hat and armor like peasant crown/shako, skins of the viper magi[for the cast rate and resists, as well as the skill bonus]) redemption can fill up your life and mana balls after you hammer everything to death. Meditation is good when there are no bodies around, or the bodies dissapear after death... once again with plus skills you can easily get upwards of 400% regeneration which is needless to say, more then level 20 warmth(which means yay yay mana) *most* caster types will benefit from this, but since they can't rely on it being around, are typically able to fend for their mana purposes on their own... and both are very useful as I already said.
-Saga_Keeper

Messages In This Thread
Where to spend Hammerdin's extra points? - by Saga_Keeper - 03-21-2003, 06:41 PM