Chain Lightning
It seems like you have your heart set on CL. I prefer charged bolt.

At the pinnicle of my sorceresses career on 1.1 ladder hardcore, I was doing 342-364 damage and 24 bolts. I had an 8 FPS cast rate. My total average damage over 10 seconds up close and personal was 264,750 (or 26,475 a second). Her fast teleporting allowed her to almost never get hit if I landed in a pack of monsters.

She had an 86% absorb from Mana Shield and a LOT of mana to offset this. It was basically like having 10x my hit points. I had no trouble with any bosses, despite what others will tell you.

I put strength up to 80 for gear, left dex at zero, although with so much mana shield, it would of been nice to get a 75% block and neglect vitality. The rest of my points went into vitality and energy 50%. It also helped having a Holy Freeze Merc.

I do want to stress that even though I felt like a tank, if got surrounded by the right pack of monsters, such as gloams, I was reduced in mana and vitality in the wink of an eye. Thus is life in 1.1 Hell for all builds.

The gear I got I found, traded for, or cubed. I did a lot of MF'ing but the best gear I found was just walking around normally and finding it from some ransom monster. I did not twink over anything, so people here who tell you this gear will take you forever to find, you can tell them to go somewhere because after three-four weeks of playing, I ended up having all this:

Arachnid Mesh
Shako + 12% resist all jewel (was looking for a +3 lightening skills circlet with 20% fast cast)
Raven Frost
Dwarf Star
Silkweave
Frostburns
Heart of the Oak (it took me a month of constantly upgrading runes to get a Vex... the rest I found from questing~I used the Occulus before I had this)
Vipermagi (eventually, I wanted to get a Chains of Honor, but that was very far out of my reach)
Magical Amulet +3 lightenig skills, +10% fast cast
Grand Charm of Lightening x 4 (I was looking for 6 more)
Small charms of 5% hit recover x 7 (6 FPS hit recovery helps)

I was also looking for ahinilas which would of maxed my resists also, but I never did see the D.clone.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Chain Lightning - by gekko - 03-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Chain Lightning - by ryan4nayr - 03-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Chain Lightning - by bigeyedbug - 03-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Chain Lightning - by arrunique - 03-29-2004, 09:14 PM
Chain Lightning - by ryan4nayr - 03-30-2004, 05:34 AM
Chain Lightning - by Taem - 04-01-2004, 03:27 AM
Chain Lightning - by arrunique - 04-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Chain Lightning - by bigeyedbug - 04-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Chain Lightning - by whyBish - 04-04-2004, 08:37 AM