Want to try a great online web game...
Actually, I conned Russia into running interference against that German fleet that was built in Berlin. Had him bottle up that fleet from entering the Baltic while I made a two-pronged probing attack (A Nor-Swe, F Nth-Skag), testing the intentions of the German in Denmark. That crafty lil' Teuton tried to send the Denmark fleet into the Skag and bring up the Kiel army to reinforce a claim on Sweden via a three pronged (Baltic-Den-Skag) offensive.

But late word is that Russia is falling into civic disarray. A newbie player at Dip originally had the reins of power, but he's bowing out for time and scheduling problems. So, it's a quick snag of St. Pete's for me (using the oh-so-derided cul-de-sac of a Fleet on the north coast <_< ), an overture to Austria to open his war on Germany with a stab at Munich (by decoying the Silesian army to make a play on Warsaw), and then see how the board settles for the next round.

Russia's pending civic disarray spolied my plans built on the hope of a Russian standoff of Warsaw committed through the Ukrainian army and the Muscovite defense force, against the German army in Silesia and any (hopefully false) Austrian support from Galicia. The Turk could spoil that on his own by the unanticipated attack of the Stevastopol invaders against Moscow, cutting off the Muscovite support of the Ukrainian army. But I know for a fact (given that the Turk has asked for a "field test" of an Anglo-Ottoman alliance) that he's moving to evict the Czarist army from the Ukraine (of course, a dislodge against standoff means disbanding the unit rather than retreat into his destination province)...Nuts! I have to talk to the Turk now and tell him not to engage the Russian army in the Ukraine!

Gotta keep my eye on France, though. Notice that Belgium's been unmolested this whole time? Berlin and Paris have been luvvy-duvvy for a while now, but I wonder how that will last when I revealed to France that Germany betrayed a communique between them to me (in order to goad me into dissolving the Anglo-Franco alliance I've entertained these last four rounds?)

Of course, I taunted Germany back with this...

Wireless Telegraph from H.M.S. Devastation, British Home Fleet, North Sea

To: Baron XXXXXXX XXX XXXXXXXXXXX, Ambassador of the Imperial German State
Fm: Sir XXXXXX X XXXXXXXXX, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Great Britain

British consulate Berlin evacuated. Ambassador en route to Norway.

Re: Attempt on life Lord Cavendish, German complicity ascertained. French ambassador warned. Belgium concession void. What is your reccomendation to whom produces the better ale: Amsterdam or Copehagen?

Lest you thought Bruxelles a better prospect for Royal Navy, no?
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.

Messages In This Thread
Want to try a great online web game... - by Irre - 02-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Quark - 02-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Want to try a great online web game... - by Rhydderch Hael - 03-21-2003, 02:59 AM