Chain Lightning
Considering a lightning tree sorc, and looking for some help, suggestions, advice, from those with more experience using the tree.

Simply put, I have very little experience with the lightning tree aside from the obvious teleport, telekenesis one point wonders. And this from a self-pronounced fan of the sorceress class. Even worse, I have ZERO experience with the tree in 1.10. But I'd like to change that.

A few questions come to mind:
1) how many points are required in synergy skills and mastery to make lightning, chain lightning and charged bolt usefull in hell? The original plan was for max CL and mastery, with spare points going to either lightning or CB, or even thunder storm.

2) what other tree skills work well with the lightning tree? Orb generally seems to best skill to use with minimal (i.e. 20-25) points investment, but I've done that so many times, I'd like a change. Is blizzard worthwhile without investment in synergies? Can firewall hold its own without maxed mastery?

Any other comments, suggestions, or other interesting tidbits from those with experience in the lightning tree would be welcome.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"

Messages In This Thread
Chain Lightning - by gekko - 03-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Chain Lightning - by ryan4nayr - 03-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Chain Lightning - by bigeyedbug - 03-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Chain Lightning - by arrunique - 03-29-2004, 09:14 PM
Chain Lightning - by ryan4nayr - 03-30-2004, 05:34 AM
Chain Lightning - by Taem - 04-01-2004, 03:27 AM
Chain Lightning - by arrunique - 04-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Chain Lightning - by bigeyedbug - 04-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Chain Lightning - by whyBish - 04-04-2004, 08:37 AM