Fire vs. Lightning
MongoJerry,Nov 6 2003, 09:30 PM Wrote:as of the beta, Blizzard fixed the bug/feature that made Lightning Mastery and Fire Mastery multiply the damage dealt by charms, weapons, etc.  I assume that's also true in the final release.  The masteries only affect spell damage.
Actually, in the relevant AB threads (which I think you've read) Ruvanal said that Enchant acts effectively as if it were a +fire charm. The Fire Mastery of an enchanted Sorceress (I did not say that she enchanted herself--the FM of the enchanting sorc is applied when building "Ruvanal's charm", so to speak) is indeed helping her melee damage (but not her ranged attacks).

I never trust timestamps on these posts (timezone weirdness, etc.) so I'm not sure if you hadn't seen those posts before posting this or not. In any event, it seems to me that either Ruvanal's analogy is incorrect or your statement (masteries only affect spell damage) is incorrect.

I don't have the time to run a test ATM, sorry.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Fire vs. Lightning - by se7ensparks - 11-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Fire vs. Lightning - by MongoJerry - 11-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Fire vs. Lightning - by Crystalion - 11-06-2003, 10:45 PM
Fire vs. Lightning - by MongoJerry - 11-06-2003, 11:13 PM