Technical questions surrounding a build
Ahvae'el,Sep 29 2003, 10:0 Wrote:If Enchant helps AoE Assassin spells, in your example Fists of Fire's splash damage, then would it not also apply to PS Chaos Ice Bolt/Chain Lighting and CoT Nova/Charged Bolt charges?  That would be SICK.
Some weeks ago I tested enchant with a bunch of fire damage skills in the game. IIRC the principle that emerges is that "physical" melee and ranged attacks that carry +fire carry enchant. Exploding arrow and Freezing arrow are very interesting special cases for +fire and +cold respectively. I'm pretty certain that no Sorc/Druid/Assassin "pure" fire spell carries any adders.

This leaves Assassin Fists of Fire, Dragon Tail, and Druid Fire Claws to be explored. I do not recall how much I studied those or what conclusions I reached. FoF and DT are the most interesting, because of the potential to emulate the huge win of Exploding Arrow (you get the enchant on the blast AoE, plus, if you hit, the enchant on the arrow).

This is, of course, why I still, even though v1.10 nerfs them, refer a lot to the potential of the special Exploding Arrow bows (for players and hirelings).

My vague recollection is that FoF didn't benefit in v1.10 and that I didn't satisfactorily resolve the DT tests. If Blade Shield weren't broken (3/128 instead of 32/128 damage) then that would be an interesting thing to look at. While Multishot and Exploding Arrow are uber with enchant, especially with piercing, Blade Fury and Blade Sentinel aren't bad.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 01:56 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 02:02 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Zath - 09-25-2003, 08:17 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Guest - 09-29-2003, 12:50 PM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Crystalion - 09-30-2003, 12:39 AM