Technical questions surrounding a build
Forgoing my natural tendencies towards defensive tactics & thorns, I have built up a little summoner necro. Giving up any chance of positive resists in exchange for + summoning skills is worth it. Skeletons are essentially a moving bone prison that last longer, and do damage ;)
One point in CE is enough until you have maxed out SM/RS/?RSM?. Unfortunately I wasted one point in all of the pre-reqs for revive. A bit of lucky shopping got a +3 summons 1 Fire golem wand (to tank for the merc until he gets the first kill) (F.G. is level 12 with + summon skills, and there is room for improvement in the +skills still, with no charms found yet and a couple slots only at +2). The perfect wand would be + 3 summons with fire golem and summon resist.
Bone prison was worth the pre-req points, particularly in the case of NM lister, hell Blood raven etc.
Confuse is a handy one point curse mid-game, but by hell is too short (without skill boosters, not sure how much you would need). Wasted a point in I.M. (since I was missing having thorns), but the skels can really tank, and I was only intending I.M. for use with duriel (should've bought temp wand).
At about 250 mana it takes about 3 globes to get the army up to full size, but after about 3 skels are raised the corpses are piling up anyway, so there is no rush (and pots can be used at leisure).
The main problem in hell is getting the first parts of the army, which is where the fire-golem becomes very helpful, in tanking for the merc.

Messages In This Thread
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 01:56 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 02:02 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Zath - 09-25-2003, 08:17 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Guest - 09-29-2003, 12:50 PM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by whyBish - 09-29-2003, 09:51 PM