Technical questions surrounding a build
Ruvanal,Sep 27 2003, 07:16 PM Wrote:11 necro golems
Hmm. While Converts can't be Enchanted (I double checked, in case it had changed) there are still some interesting games here...

If the Enchantress blessing the Necro follows him into the field and a Fire Golem would be a priority target, it might be interesting to have the Enchantress' (own) enchanted (fire arrow) rogue hireling shooting the FG (i.e. yet another interesting use of "asymmetric hostility"; the sorc is "hostile" to the necro, but not visa versa). The sorc can teleport to keep herself and the rogue in ideal position: out of harm's way, but with a clear shot to the Fire Golem.

This is the same trick, but possibly less work and therefore more effective, as using the Sorc to directly pump fire damage into a FG. I imagine we might get 1000+ HP/sec. healing for the Golem out of this, under ideal circumstances. This rivals the "proper" way of doing it--by Holy Bolt (prayer synergy) Paladin effort--without having to overly tie up the actions of a Player. No, the Sorc isn't completely tied up, as she can be casting Static Fields (or even Frost Novas) for their assistive value.

Naturally, if the Fire Golem is tanking an act boss, and therefore staying in one spot, firewall is going to be a much better healing force. But enchanted attack vs. FG is an interesting thought. Of course the question of whether Summon Resist cuts down on a FG healing (absorbing) from fire is not one I know the (current) answer to.

I know the game has "attacker takes (physical) damage of X" and "attacker takes lightning damage of X" but I've not gotten around to testing if "attacker takes fire damage of X" exists and if Enchantment affects it.

My recollection from long ago (pre-v1.10beta) is that Enchantment helps Fists of Fire (splash and ground burning too, iirc) so that's another thing that needs testing.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 01:56 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 02:02 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Zath - 09-25-2003, 08:17 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Crystalion - 09-29-2003, 03:01 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Guest - 09-29-2003, 12:50 PM