Technical questions surrounding a build
Quote:Enchant would already grant a substantial AR bonus to your skeletons, so I don't think Blessed Aim would be necessary if you can get a Sorceress to help out. Your skeletons will gain 15 AR per level of Raise Skeleton and Skeleton Mastery.
Yes, I saw that in skills.txt. However, based on all the threads puzzling over skelie life, the actual stats for these skelies in practice may not be so simple to derive from a glance at skills.txt. For example, surely a level 99 Necro raising a level 99 skelie with only 1 pt in SM and RS doesn't get a skelie with only 30 AR? I rather suspect that such a skelie is scaled by the game code to have baseline stats reflecting being level 99 and the skills.txt stuff is a bonus (not an override). I suppose I'll get around to a -act5 Necro and do a rough PvP sanity check on this sometime soon.

If 40 skill points are needed to get just 600 AR, then these skelies can really still use a whole lot of bonus AR% help from both Enchant and Blessed Aim as they would be attacking things with 1000-2000 DR not uncommonly (act 5 hell). Another factor to consider is that, even if Might slightly "won" the damage output race, the probability distribution would be more spread out (due to lower to-hit) resulting potentially in more occurances of failure to kill and of overkill, neither of which are desirable cases.

Quote:Something to consider when using Teleport is not to target a monster directly, but try to land yourself just outside of that monster's attack range (holding down Alt key may help some), yet close enough that all your minions will acquire the same target and swarm it.
A likely problem with this is that we want to have *lots* of minions attacking, if possible, and so they will get in each others way in a big way, once they move. I don't know though, it might work in practice for a number of reasons. Good thing to experiment with.

BTW, I'm not picking nits with all your (everyone's) comments to be stubborn--I appreciate the info and thoughts, thank you all--but rather in the "interests of science". Devil's advocate, push and pull, etc., etc. :)
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 01:56 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 02:02 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Zath - 09-25-2003, 08:17 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Crystalion - 09-25-2003, 09:32 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Guest - 09-29-2003, 12:50 PM