Technical questions surrounding a build
Quote:The only teleport amulet I've ever gambled was a rare that cost me 6507gp per charge.
My recollection is that charges on a staff of teleport are much cheaper than that to repair (checked: v1.10s repair of v1.09 staff is 2110 gold per charge of level 2 teleport--I don't recall and can't easily test what that was in v1.09).
Quote:having to constantly recharge in town will suck.
A staff has quite a few charges (30 to 50ish) and is only used, theoretically, a couple of times per CE/CE wipeout of all monsters on screen. This is neither expensive or tedious.
Quote:If you want skeletons to deal physical damage, i'd think that no less than max is required. Also, consider that everything will target lock on the thing you teleport by... and think of what that means when it comes to skeleton mage focus fire.
In v1.10s there is a *huge* difference with damage output possible using Enchant (vs. non-fire immunes) vs. skel/skelmage/revive normal damage output. It does not require uber gear at all to have a Sorc built as an Enchantress add ~1000 +fire to each minion. Skel Mages do not benefit from this. The conception/hope is to teleport and have one of the CE-required corpses available as a result in a second or less. In act 5 hell. (If the math works out that you can *only* do this in Players 1, then it is still very significant).
Quote:a really cool thing if it works.
I think so. That's another reason I've shared the idea.
Quote:As minions can't walk through eachother, I'd speculate a knockback weapon being very detrimental.
I'd agree out of hand, except that I suspect the kill will only take a second, such that the knockback will possibly *not* affect the initial, i.e. killing, attack of the minions. However--and this is the key point--if the knockback is delivered faster than the monster can swing at *me* then he can be interrupted, and my fragile hide saved wear and tear. The question is posed partly because I've noticed that my Assassin doing Dragon Flight (teleport) knocking back the monster does not prevent my hireling and shadow from also getting off an initial hit.
Quote:I don't see any other class pulling it off
Druids aren't the only candidate... the Eternity runeword has charges of level 8 Revive.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 01:56 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 02:02 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Crystalion - 09-25-2003, 06:38 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Zath - 09-25-2003, 08:17 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Guest - 09-29-2003, 12:50 PM