Technical questions surrounding a build
An Opera crash ate my long reply, now I merely add to the above.

Forget DV, Confuse is far superior now. Think of it as an instant army of unlimited size. Why disable that wonderful new fire attack when it can work for you instead.

I tried a Trang necro with max Confuse, BP and BW and could solo if I wanted the work load. I added an HF merc, wore Bramble and tossed in a FG. I had the same freedom of movement as when leading a mob without the mob management. I didn't need Skellies or Teleport to roll over Foothills or Plateau. I had planned on the Teleport armor, but the play was too easy for my patience to level up (I started with the mid-level chars in CubeMod).

Meteror and BP handled most problems, I later added one point to CE, so that with +skills I could eliminate pockets of resistance fast (no AD employed). Lacking Trangs, CE will do fine. Being a vampire had advantages in foot speed, but had slow cast rates, so a thoughtful weapons switch is required. And +1 CE is enough with the necros usual +skills, and I say that as someone who maxed CE in 1.09 to outduel Nilathak.

I gave up Revives and Skellie mobs when going for Baal in 1.09. Diablo was a bit of a problem, but IM and recast BG were able to survive after the other minion burned up. Baal simply wiped out the army too fast (it was the one time I was actually concerned about the BG HP loss). With the Trang test, and the synergies to Spirit, I found that slow but sure Spirits would destroy anthing in a Prison. Since I never got Teleport, I never ran the Baal test, but I'm pretty sure that my sweet spot of Guided Arrow will work fine with Spirit now. Getting close to Baal will require that the necro give up some skills in order to survive the elemental attacks. I don't think it's worth that.

As for airborne LEM, the only good answer is airborne revives and distance (or a sweet spot between the CB). Confused minions are likely to to solve the problem for you in 1.10

Messages In This Thread
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 01:56 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 02:02 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Ferengi - 09-25-2003, 05:18 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Zath - 09-25-2003, 08:17 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Guest - 09-29-2003, 12:50 PM