Technical questions surrounding a build
Quote:Some miscellaneous comments
Very informative stuff, thank you.

I've not gotten around to testing the build yet, but I have finally concocted the Enchantress (a twinked -act 5 clvl 33 Sorc then rapid leveled at 100x bonus via trivial experience.txt tweak to clvl 67 while doing the act quests to get to nm). In playing her I rapidly gained a huge (unfair) clvl vs. mlvl advantage over the monsters, but my act 1 rogue hireling was always at a hlvl vs. mlvl disadvantage. So, starting in act 4, I (went back to normal xp gain and) stopped fighting (had been using kuko bow) and let my rogue do most of the work...

Frequent tactical teleporting of a heavily enchanted rogue multiplies her effectiveness *hugely*. Though I did use another character to give me waypoints in acts 4 and 5 (then back to players 1), it would be fair to say, aside from the use of some Hydras for time efficiency and laid-back play, that my rogue did Hephasto, the Chaos Sanctuary, the seal bosses and Diablo, act 5 misc., Eldritch, Shenk & co., the Ancients, Baal & co. all by herself.

By the time she had completed this for me, she was only hlvl 23 (so, of course, I thanked her for her services and hired a nm replacement at clvl 40--who I then gave my kuko).

FYI, I'm using max warmth, enchant, fire mastery, with plus 10 (fire or all skills). So I'm getting over 12 minutes per enchant and 1400+ fire damage. The plus 10 isn't particularly hard to achieve, which is why I settled on twinking to that level. As per comments I've made, I've taken only a few utility skills (telekinesis, teleport, hydra all one point each) and now that I've completed the build I've just dumped remaining points into Static Field (and I have enough there now to qualify as an SF twinker for rushee assistance). In using Hydra for convenience and looking at the numbers I conclude that some people making a Enchantress (perhaps in Hardcore) might wish throw surplus points in that direction, as there is some efficiency in overlapping the two builds if you actually want to tag along with a party instead of just enchanting them in town every ten minutes or so. Those of you who don't follow obscure skill guides mind need to know this: Hydra can pound stuff off-screen (and sometimes, by trick, through doors) without exposing you to activation/risk. As such it falls into a "slow but sure" category, if you have enough damage with them or otherwise overcome monster regen (such as by extreme range plague javalins).

Because the enchant lasts over four times as long as revives do, using an enchantress as a bot (as opposed to having one tag along in your party) suggests a convenience bias towards pumping skelies (with one point in revive and plus skills).

As a side note for your consideration, having an enchant blessed party with multiple multishot bowazons with rogue hirelings using kukos seems to me to be unlikely to be even remotely fair to the monsters (unless they are fire immune, of course). If the 'zons don't wish to pay teleport charges' charges they are probably still fine, using instead their valks and decoys to distract the mobs. If the valks are pumped, then they certainly deserve to be enchanted as well, of course, as of v1.10.

Quote:No scaling like you are describing, the noRatio=1 parameter is for stopping this.  The AR would be low.
Ah. That does suggest a bias toward Blessed Aim over Might, if you are investing points for quantity of skelies for use with enchant. Thanks for the excel link... I'll look at some actual numbers and play with the build a bit soon.

Quote:Prayer would be doubtful
I have seen so many posters praising Prayer I have to keep from screaming whenever I see it mentioned. My feeling, in a nutshell, is that anyone whose pace of play is slow enough to truly benefit from Prayer should instead consider using the town portal spell for complete heals from time to time (and thus saving the points to invest in some other skill). If you really like healing, try shift clicking potions to your hireling or perhaps put those prayer points instead into Holy Bolt and Blessed Hammer for some three way utility (as of v1.10). /Rant
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 01:56 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 02:02 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Zath - 09-25-2003, 08:17 AM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Pren - 09-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Crystalion - 09-28-2003, 11:48 PM
Technical questions surrounding a build - by Guest - 09-29-2003, 12:50 PM