Conc's Toxic Rain Occultist 3.6 League Start
(05-18-2019, 12:48 PM)MonTy Wrote: Wow, rare mobs were instantly dying in the map and the shaper DPS seems really good. I've yet to do shaper and I'm unsure of all the mechanics, but it seems so intense and chaotic. I think your mirage archer comment is really true in this fight- good call on that.

Yeah, DPS is what I'd call plenty. To some, you can never have enough DPS, but this build feels like it's "enough" DPS. Keep in mind that the T15 map is +25% health and +25% chaos resist, so those are "beefy" rares dying instantly.

Shaper alone is considerably easier. I did die once to a mis-timed flame dash on a shaper slam, but overall it's MUCH less hectic than the uber elder / shaper fight together. I tried 6 sets last league with my melee Wild / Mortal strike build and failed 6 times. It's much tougher for melee unless you have multiple upon multiple layers of defense. It's about learning the fight mechanics. I wish it were easier to do kinda back to back fights of uber, but it takes about 10 maps minimum in-between attempts and you need to have quite a collection of T16s as you need to do each guardian map twice.

Guardians aren't too bad. Hydra is really easy. You can tank 1-2 of the water balls in a row, so there's a lot of leeway. Phoenix is similar, just avoid the large AoE slam and focus the adds and mirage archer will chip away at him. Minotaur and Chimera both require more knowledge of their moveset, but once you know what to do, it's not too difficult. Chimera seemed the larger defensive gear check, but I also did maps for Chimera were 2 DPS mods (crit + extra damage as element) so I was kinda asking for a rough fight. You need to save quicksilver flask for his smoke phase to get him out ASAP, as you can't regen ES fast enough, but if you're running you avoid more of the attacks.

Quote:Are you planning anything for next league? I'd really love to give melee a go again, especially with the reworks, but I probably have to take the league off.

I'd love to do something next league, but I need to take the league off. My wrist, elbow and shoulder all have various degrees of repetitive stress injury symptoms. It goes back and forth as I compensate for the pain in one joint another flares. I need to not be playing a fast action game to let my arm heal and I may re-visit in the future, or I may need to not come back to PoE if I can't figure a way to play while keeping my arm healthy at the same time. But I can't try with it in the state it's in. I need to give it time off to heal.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conc's Toxic Rain Occultist 3.6 League Start - by Concillian - 05-18-2019, 04:11 PM