3.6.3, and the great Map Drop Fallacy
Shoju... saw your thread in the official forums. Ouch. Not sure what you were expecting from that.

You should note that the SSF person who responded was at ~25k %IIQ on their maps. You're in a dry spell and I don't think GGG is going to suddenly bump up map access anytime soon. I think you either need to accept that you need to grind a lot more than you are doing, or just buy some of your progression to get your atlas bonus up. I feel like when mine was at that level it was rougher than it is now, when my bonus is ~80% or so. Still I've done about 4000-4500% IIQ in maps between now and my last post ( 5 days) which is about 2/3rds of the total IIQ you've done all league.

In the early tiers I ran through my troughs, playing semi-SSF, but now that I have a decent amount of currency and T9 ish maps are like 1c each, I bought 20 Vaal Pyramids to keep up my stores. I mean, I will likely need to buy Vaal orbs for corrupting reds, so this just means I buy the maps instead and get div card drops that give me the Vaal orbs I need and get some maps as a side benefit. Vaal Pyramid is also good because 3 end bosses means I can use a frag per map to further boost quant and have 3 good chances at dropping a fragment for the next map.

I also noted that you aren't running any un-id'ed maps. I love me some un-id'ed maps.

Still though, I don't think you're going to find much community sympathy for wanting to mostly SSF your atlas in a trade league and then complaining about map drops. Drop rates have definitely decreased as witnessed by poe.ninja price graphs of high tier maps (T16s were 24c before march 17, now 17c, T15 maps were ~15c, now ~7)
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3.6.3, and the great Map Drop Fallacy - by Concillian - 04-08-2019, 09:58 PM