Help review my PC workstation build list, please and thanks.
(05-03-2013, 04:56 AM)Drasca Wrote: In that case you may want to keep an eye out for Broadwell and later. The Intel roadmap is pretty clear about the TDP requirements, and I'm very excited to see what can be done with those much lower power requirements.

Yes, it seems aimed at the next gen Ultrabook\tablets. I'd like to see more fanless designs. I'm not so obsessed with 'thin' at the cost of functionality. I want to see manufacturers keep\expand user replaceable parts and more ease of repair.

I understand all those can be very difficult given the design constraint of a laptop\ultra\tablet. But IMO there's a not so great trend of making hardware and software a 'consumer item', or worse. A toy with increasingly short life cycle, built in obsolescence gone nuts.

Quote:About star trek though:

I absolutely LOVE the PADD ipad app. It simulates the ST datapad, making all the associated noises and is like a memory alpha-lite.

I always liked their visual design, but I didn't notice this part until I read this link:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2010/08/how...years-ago/

Quote:Still, the design of the user interface on the various control panels was influenced by user experience considerations. "What I tried to do was create something that, at a distance, looked like it had a macro-level organization," Okuda told Ars, "and when you got closer, there appeared to be an additional overlay of organization on top of that. The viewer would imagine, looking at it, 'If I study this close enough, I could figure out how to fly a starship.'"

I find that very elegant and clever. It's self similarity, like looking at the silhouette of a tree and realizing the silhouette of the branch has the same basic structure of the tree.

Quote:Note: As time passes, I am loving the Nanoxia Deep Silence 2 case more and more. I've added fans, and it is performing much better than initial sight. The whole thing is nicely engineered from cable management to aesthetics.

I was thinking of adding intake fans on mine, but I read some reviews that my case is optimized for stock config. It's a negative pressure design, supposedly it's optimized for that, but I'm somewhat meh on negative pressure cases mostly for the dust. After dismantling 2 older computers headed for recycling, I really prefer designs that can reduce\eliminate dust entry as much as possible. Time will tell I suppose.

The DS2 case looks good, like a tasteful stereo component.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help review my PC workstation build list, please and thanks. - by Hammerskjold - 05-03-2013, 06:40 PM