Is there any reason to not buy the cheapest computer case I can find?
(12-08-2012, 07:34 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I'm looking to build a new computer, but on an EXTREMELY severe budget. One of the parts I need is a new case. There are all kinds of fancy cases on Newegg that cost lots of dollars, but I just need one that can house some parts.

Seriously, do I really need a $100+ case?

Short answer: No

Long answer: The pricing on cases tends to be more based on some convience aspects as well as name of the maker of the case. In lower prices, you're going to see situations where you need tools (vs toolless designs), sharp edges (potentially cutting yourself if not careful), and thinner metal and/or plastic used.

Case size will depend on how many parts you are bringing over from another machine (if it's just a couple hard drives, CD/DVD/BD drive, and maybe a PSU) you might also want to look at shrinking the overall footprint (going with Micro-ATX or Mini-ITX depending). Ultimately, you should also look at what all you plan to do with the new machine as some cases may be more in line with what you needed vs. a lot of extraneous items. For me, I've really been looking more at what I end up having in the case for my machines of late and have really started to look at shrinking down as much as possible.

If you are planning to get a new MB along with case, let me know and I can suggest a couple things (because of my looking to shrink footprint of my machines).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there any reason to not buy the cheapest computer case I can find? - by Lissa - 12-08-2012, 05:42 PM