US Supreme Court Upholds Affordable Health Care Act
(07-25-2012, 02:41 PM)RiotInferno Wrote: <Total Sidetrack>

(07-25-2012, 02:23 PM)kandrathe Wrote: In our state we have ... MNCare ...
MN? Like Minnesota?
If that's the case, I'd just like to say, that although I live less than 30 miles from the MN border, I feel like I'm in a political wasteland compared to them. Also, Minneapolis has some of the best Thai food I've ever had.

</Sidetrack>
::nod:: We get huge diversity here. We are a big destination for refugee's -- since I guess are good at helping them adjust to life in the US. In my lifetime I've witnessed waves of new immigrants and refugee populations from Bosnia, Burma, Cambodia, Cuba, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Hmong/Laos, Liberia, Moldova, Somalia, and Tibet. Then, there is just the normal diversity of people coming here for work. I hired a bunch of people myself from India, South Africa, Britain, China, and Eastern Europe during the exuberant perestroika days.

When I was in college, my wife (then girlfriend) would drag me along to her study group which met at this Polish girls house. Her dad and I would do vodka shots and talk international politics while they studied... He had been on the national boxing team, and defected when they were at a competition outside the USSR.

We do some stuff right here. Way back when we had Gov. Rudy Perpich... He led an effort to build a center for the rehabilitation of torture victims based on the initial one set up in Copenhagen.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Supreme Court Upholds Affordable Health Care Act - by kandrathe - 07-25-2012, 05:40 PM