Hey, here is one way to get more voter support
(06-25-2012, 11:00 AM)Jester Wrote:
(06-25-2012, 01:20 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: I don't see the liars and crooks in both our governments finding an alternative solution. As I said above, too damned lazy.

I guess that's what I'm asking about. Maybe they're lazy, maybe they're stupid, or maybe there's no good solution. (Or all three, of course.)

If I'm reading you correctly, the proposal is a broader, regulated, seasonal labour program, and a policy of shoot to kill at the border?

-Jester
You'd be surprised at the results you get in changed behavior at "informal border crossings" when you use deadly force. I learned something about that in the mid east a few years ago, when dealing with infiltrators across a border. Deadly force works very, very well in getting behaviors to change.

But by itself, it doesn't solve what I contend are two core problems.

1. Our economic reality was ignored in the late 80s when Reagan just went for the amnesty issue. An actual improvement to our protocols would have allowed for two things: controlled immigration and better visibility on who and what is coming in, and LESS exploited underground labor. Read The Lost Girls, Texas monthly, a year or so ago. Learn what the cost of condoning a black market in labor is.

2. Improving Mexico's internal government, which thanks to the latino machismo BS, won't happen any time soon. Also, a lot of the jobs that once left for Mexico left for China in the last fifteen years.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey, here is one way to get more voter support - by Occhidiangela - 06-27-2012, 12:47 AM