Hey, here is one way to get more voter support
(06-26-2012, 12:52 AM)Jester Wrote: Not that gray. His family in the United States asked the courts for asylum. It was not granted. They appealed. It was rejected. They defied the order. The authorities insisted, and tried to negotiate. They rejected that too.
You omitted the parts where Elian's Miami relatives attempted to negotiate with the Justice Department and Elian's biological father. You omitted the fact that it is extraordinary that the US justice department gets itself involved in cases that are in INS jurisdiction. There was no due process, and justice was thwarted. Elian never had a single Asylum hearing.

But, Greg Craig did get the Justice department to grant Asylum in the US for two Bolivians who are charged with crimes against humanity and extrajudicial killings, Gonzalo Sánchez de Lozada and Carlos Sánchez Berzaín.

Quote:Force was used because the US side of the family was escalating it into an organized protest, not to mention an international incident, and would not back down, full stop.
They were uncooperative. They didn't want this boy to get sent back to Cuba. How odd.

To me, it is pretty apparent that the Democrats in the Clinton administration were creating a political incident with the Republican Cuban community. And, again I would ask, how did Elian's father, a poor Cuban, get such a prominent and powerful Democrat as his lawyer?

Quote:Kandrathe's insinuations strike again!
I'm not insinuating anything. Greg Craig and Eric Holder are the best of friends. They've got ties to lots and lots of stuff together... And also to Goldman-Sachs...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey, here is one way to get more voter support - by kandrathe - 06-26-2012, 06:40 AM