Hey, here is one way to get more voter support
(06-24-2012, 11:38 AM)Jester Wrote:
(06-24-2012, 02:32 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: The rhetoric seems to keep ignoring that core issue, and core internal conflict and policy shortcoming. Pols are too lazy, however, to fix the underlying problem, which is a policy that has not kept up with the last fifty years of change.

Certainly, I agree that the US (and all developed countries) need to get serious about immigration reform. But, the devil is in the details. How would you change the laws?

-Jester
The core issue to be addressed is seasonal labor on a formal basis. The other issues are actually shooting people who cross the border illegally. That would catch some drug runners, some human traffickers, and sadly some folks who are chasing a dream against desparation. That last group, however, once the blood began to flow, would finally have a disincentive to play the underground exploitation game, that costs them thousands and leaves some of them dead on our side of the border anyway. It's sick. I don't know how much you think you know about all this, but if you live in the border zone, a hell of a lot of the seamier side of this crap confronts us day in and day out.

The other problem is that Mexico's government has no incentive to unfork themselves, in terms of how the prospects for advancement are so dim for so many.

THAT is what is called the Root Cause.

But I have no desire to go on a pages long discussion about this. Our border was drawn in blood, that of Mexicans, Americans, and some folks in between. I suppose it has to be reaffirmed in blood, since other means have not sufficed.

Sad but true. Huh

I don't see the liars and crooks in both our governments finding an alternative solution. As I said above, too damned lazy.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey, here is one way to get more voter support - by Occhidiangela - 06-25-2012, 01:20 AM