Hey, here is one way to get more voter support
(06-15-2012, 03:22 PM)Ashock Wrote: White House to halt deportation of young illegal immigrants

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/repor...00284.html

How much more Hispanic support is he getting from this?
I love the liberal version of the democratic process. Marx and Lenin
would be proud.

Yeah, I was going to post on this. Hilarious. It's nothing more than a gesture of "good faith", a nod towards the Hispanic community that will give them a glimmer of hope Obama still cares about them, while Romney talks anti-immigration jargon. What a fantastic political move, yet still so empty. Did you actually read what this does? All it says is illegals who are under the age of 30 who have been in the US since 16 or below no longer have to fear being deported to Mexico *if* they are caught being here illegally, however it is still illegal for them to be here so they can't get a job, drivers license, or loan here. It's such an empty jester, its borderline asinine compared to what this administration promised. I hope it has the opposite effect as intended, because the people it's intended for are so desperate for change, they'll cling on to this like it's the holy grail and Obama is the goddamn pope. What a brilliant move, but still all disgusting at the same time; the reality is, Obama will use his second term to continue fighting for his health care baby and push social reforms, once again setting aside the boarder issue to a later date because, well, obviously giving that issue the appropriate attention it deserves will loose Obama too many supporters, both in Congress and financially. I believe for some people, there is BIG MONEY in having a lower class and keeping an entire group of people "illegal".
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey, here is one way to get more voter support - by Taem - 06-16-2012, 03:51 AM