Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
(06-15-2012, 09:53 PM)Lissa Wrote: Yes, I remember how static field worked in 1.0 D2, and yes, it was horribly broken. The point I'm making is that QA process for Blizzard is worse now than it was in the past. Look at it this way, we're 1 month into the game and they've already release 3 bug fix patches, broken other aspects with said patches, and generally did a slap fix for aspects of the game that both you and I have seen Quark. Even at it's worst, D2/LoD had better QA than what we're seeing here in D3 (and other games by Blizzard), glaring issues are slipping past QA here (like the Asian dupe bug). So yes, Blizzard's QA process has gotten worse (even though it was bad back in 2000 to 2003).

You're using the word "dupe" while attempting to convince us that Blizzard had excellent QA in D2 and LOD. This does not compute.

Lissa, the fact that they're patching things quickly is a *good* sign, showing that they care about the game. Just take the static field brokenness as one example among hundreds -- they didn't balance static field until the expansion came out! My static field/frozen orb sorceress was able to kill the final boss in the final difficulty, who dropped the best loot in the game, in 3 seconds without any fear of death in hardcore played over a 56k modem while using a standard set of equipment and an easily testable skillset -- and was able to do it for more than a year. When someone showed a video showing how they could frozen and stun lock Inferno Diablo in D3 using an obscure combination of skills and equipment, it was fixed in a matter of days. That's progress, not a degeneration.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage - by MongoJerry - 06-15-2012, 10:06 PM