I'm confused about the American Republican party
(04-02-2012, 06:41 PM)Gnollguy Wrote: Shooting someone who has broken into your house isn't something that you can automatically get away with either. People have been jailed for shooting burglars while the burglar has gone free. Again it depends on the judge, the circumstances, etc. I've always been told that if you are going to shoot someone with a gun, it's best to empty the clip as it's much easier to argue defense/fear/etc than if you only fire a single shot. It's a misconception that you can just shoot someone for breaking into your home. Just the act of breaking and entering does not justify shooting there needs to be other circumstances.
When I was growing up, that was the advise the local Sheriff gave to my mom, and also... If he falls dead out of the window to the outside, it would be best to push him back inside.

The worst scenarios are when you just maim them and they survive to win the lawsuit against you. That's when words really hurt... in civil court.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm confused about the American Republican party - by kandrathe - 04-02-2012, 08:53 PM