I'm confused about the American Republican party
(02-23-2012, 02:33 PM)shoju Wrote:
(02-23-2012, 08:22 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote:
(02-23-2012, 04:30 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting my tinfoil hat ready.

I really can't wait for the rest of this Republican showdown. They seem to a really good job of making each other look very foolish.

After a Republican candidate is chosen, does he have to debate Obama?

They make each other look foolish because they are their own worst enemy, they make themselves look foolish every time they open their mouths (be it Herman Cain with his 999 tax plan, Gingrich saying black kids should be janitors at their school so they learn good work ethics, Mitt Romney saying he doesnt care about poor people, or Michelle Bachman's inept knowledge of U.S. History), so it becomes easy for the other guy to use that and run with it.

Yes, the Republican candidate will have to debate Obama, and while I'm not an Obama fan by any means and consider the American Left as big of a joke as the rightwing, he will wipe the floor with any of these ignorant cowboys in a debate, because he is intellectually superior to them, as well as just being all-around smarter in general. I still remember the McCain-Obama debate from 2008, it was pretty humiliating to watch if you were a McCain fan....Obama completely destroyed him.

Normally, I don't find many things you and I would agree on FireIceTalon, but I have say the part of your post that I bolded is definitely something we agree on. You can say what you want about Obama, and his politics, and his connections, but make no mistake about it. He is an incredibly smart man, who has a gift for public speaking, and a keen eye for being strategic in a debate.

I will probably watch the presidential debate from the safety of my own home. Last time I watched them with my father, who was furious with how Obama destroyed McCain.

My have some issues with Obama's politics just by the very fact of the position he holds, but that is another topic! My main issue with him, in the context of our current political system, is that like most Democrats, he lacks a spine. Too easily he gives in to the demands from Republicans and his supposed constituency, the middle and working class, are left to flounder. But it is my belief that he isnt nearly as far left as most make him out to be, and is in fact a centrist that leans slightly to the left. Of course in this nation, if you have a left stance on almost any single issue, you are considered a radical Marxist by most Republicans, lol. If they are this scared of a moderate such as Obama, I can only imagine their reaction if they came across someone like me, heh.

I was never really one to believe in bipartisanship myself. It's overrated. Most people seem to think its a good thing, but all that it accomplishes is that things get done in a half assed manner, and then no one is happy, or one side is much more happy than the other. Almost never does it end in a result where both sides are satisfied with the outcome. Americans expect politicians to get things done, all while having a divided government. Quite the paradox if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm confused about the American Republican party - by FireIceTalon - 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM