Chinese government tells people what they can watch on TV
(10-29-2011, 07:02 PM)eppie Wrote: Ok but what is finally the difference with the FCC (or whoever does this) that decides that a certain movie or TV show can only be seen when you are over 12, 15 or 18 years old?
Why does the government in Europe and the US (and I guess Canada as well) tell us that movies containing too much sex can't be shown before 10 o'clock?
Why do they find it necessary to use beeps every time someone swears in a song or music video? (I mean did you ever see or hear up in here by DMX??)
Or the use of a vague spot to hide when someone shows his or her breast/ but or reproductive organ?

I rather get rid of all the realities and instead be able to watch my music video's uncensored by the conservatives that think 1: I don't know what the artist says and 2: I might get mentally injured when I hear what he says.

I'm not sure what I'm responding to here. I don't believe in censorship. Governments all over the world try it all the time, which is why I phrased my comment to *anyone* who wants to tell me what I can and can't watch, or say.

There is some incrementally higher boundary for young children than adults. But I think we draw the line far too quickly and too strongly, out of the (mistaken, IMO) impression that this is somehow protecting kids from something or another.

-Jester

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chinese government tells people what they can watch on TV - by Jester - 10-29-2011, 08:07 PM