Chinese government tells people what they can watch on TV
(10-29-2011, 06:21 AM)Taem Wrote:
(10-29-2011, 06:01 AM)Treesh Wrote: Instead of looking at it as taking away intercourse from reproducing, try to look at it as taking reproduction away from intercourse. If we're doing a wiping of the slate here and choosing what goes and what stays, keep the intercourse but it'll just be for entertainment value. Who knows, without the religions that say it's evil and without having to worry about ending up with a child (although I'm assuming disease will still be a concern), people will stop being quite so repressed and really enjoy themselves. It could be a good thing. You just never know.

Interesting, so instead of viewing my prose as intrinsically negative as I concluded, you take an optimistic viewpoint on the subject. Please explain, preferrably the bolded parts, because I can only see negative. I consider myself an optimist, despite not believing in altruism or god, however I see human natures requirement of increasing power as necessary to our mental health and well-being. It is our drive, and that concept has been capitalized in many science fiction shows. In summation, take away all the little things that give us survival (which we've grown to enjoy), and you are left with self-absorbed, power-hungry fiends.

Wow, no wonder we disagree. The bold statement is where we fundamentally and radically depart. See, I view will to power as not only unnecessary for our well being, but in fact, as being quite self destructive to it. Power corrupts, both as an end in itself, and as the means used to obtain it. It also creates a sort of "state of war", because those without power either see those with it as a threat, or they also want that same power.

Regarding religion, I do not believe in God either, and I view all organized religion in general to not only be an indoctrination of the belief of a invisible yet ultimate authoritarian sky wizard; but one that also creates social and cultural divisions which cannot be forestalled. Religion probably has more blood on its hands than any other identity construct.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chinese government tells people what they can watch on TV - by FireIceTalon - 10-29-2011, 06:58 AM