Chinese government tells people what they can watch on TV
(10-29-2011, 05:22 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: I dont see how location makes a difference on me leaving a tip.

I was referring to how in those countries, it is customary to not leave a tip, but because it is customary to leave a tip here in America, we choose to do so as part of the social norm.

(10-29-2011, 05:22 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: You make it sound as if Marxism endeavors to turn everyone into mindless robots (correct me if I'm wrong) that have no conscience, like we will all be walking around with a sort of self-imposed dementia or something. This is a pretty unfair, oversimplified observation, which completely ignores what Marxism is really about.

Lol, no not even. Sorry that's what you read into what I wrote. I should have just made a new thread for that/this off-shoot. It [the muse in question] wasn't even related to Communism at all. The thought starting while I pondered the concepts of total equality, and how far it could go, then pondered the purpose of life, and took away all the purposes too see what was left, then pondered some more on what that meant. Believe me, these thoughts I mused on have nothing to do with Communism; I only mentioned it in the same thread because that is what got me thinking about it [my muse] in a round-about way in the first place. Oh man, I'm still giggling; sorry about the bad communication on my part. I can really see how that might have been taken the wrong way. I'm actually enjoying reading your views on Communism to be honest. It's hard to get a non-biased view on things sometimes, so to hear a fresh perspective is very refreshing.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chinese government tells people what they can watch on TV - by Taem - 10-29-2011, 05:33 AM