This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke
(10-24-2011, 12:37 AM)Treesh Wrote: The sad thing is that "pittance" (for some folks) is actually more than what I make. I had a couple of friends lose their jobs over the last year and they both made more on unemployment than what I make by working my 32 hours a week and this is in the same town, similar educational background, work ethic, etc.

I have no real point to this post other than just a minor annoyance that unemployment can pay more than minimum wage so I don't feel too badly for folks when they say they can't get a job (that they want) while still getting paid for being unemployed.
I was trying to help a good friend find a job, and I found him 5 opportunities with other friends of mine which I could guarantee him an interview, and for which he was qualified to do. He didn't even apply for any of them since they paid less than what he was making on unemployment. But, he still lost his house. His choice.

Still, anecdotal evidence is not a norm.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke - by kandrathe - 10-24-2011, 12:44 AM