This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke
(10-10-2011, 06:07 PM)kandrathe Wrote: And, I think I've stated this clearly before, the real danger is when the government and the corporations collude to rig the system in the corporations favor. In the case of mandated purchase of insurance... Who is that good for again? Isn't it the worst of all options? Without the freedom to choose what and if to buy, you create unrestricted monopoly, and without the government providing it to everyone for "free" you fill the governments pool with those who are rejected by the corporations. And, in the end, both private and public systems will probably fail.

Funny that you say this. I agree on this one. In the Netherlands we chose to go this road. Of course we had obligatory health care which was run by a state insurance company which wasn't working for profit. Then we decided to Americanize our health insurance. Yeee free market, look at that there we have 25 health insurance companies....yee competition......oooo boy this will be so good for prices.........and then came the disappointment.....within two years mergers gave us not a choice out of 25 but maybe 3 different companies.......monthly payments went up etc. etc.
The only thing that changed that there are more managers now, who can let the people that do the work work more effectively (harder) and so can give themselves real big bonuses.

Well it isn't all so bad....the government has some good rules; such as everybody has the right to get a health insurance and you can't be denied because you have a disease at the time you are applying. Also monthly payments have some kind of maximum.
So I don't think that in your case (the private insurers are already there) there will be a change for the worse.

And anyway.....how scared you may be of your government, no-one stops you from emigrating right? If you come to western Europe you also don't have to worry for torture anymore. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke - by eppie - 10-10-2011, 07:14 PM