This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke
(10-10-2011, 09:43 AM)Jester Wrote: Do you not see where that argument shifts abruptly from private to government? What the president reads, or says when someone sneezes, is irrelevant. He is entitled to express himself as he pleases, so long as there is no implication of government sanction. When the president declares a "Day of Something," that's government. A "Day of Devotion and Service" would just be religion by cowardly prevarication.
Yes, I see the line. I chose to put it just a few feet further than you do, because I don't see any harm in the President, or any official, expressing themselves even when that appears to be endorsing something. It's their opinion, and we all know that. When it is an executive order, or an Act of congress, then they've crossed the line.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke - by kandrathe - 10-10-2011, 02:36 PM