Network Question
My kids have been playing this game called Minecraft (should be Mind Crack because they play it so much). Anyways, they built their own server, but their computers are a bit slow, so I am hosting the server on my computer over the network. They can join my server over the network by connecting to my computers actual IP, however if someone tries to join the server from another network/internet, it simply won't work.

I went to this site, choosing my Router and Minecraft and I'm sure the settings are identical to what is on here, but still, no one can connect to our server unless they are on our network. I even downloaded a program to check the ports and everything is setup and ready to go - at least when the program checked the ports from my computer, which is on my network! I must be giving out the wrong IP, but which one is toe correct one? How do I find it?

I thought it might be Windows Firewall, but I know that's impossible because people already on my network can access the server just fine, even ones recently added. Thoughts?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Network Question - by Taem - 01-29-2011, 07:52 PM
RE: Network Question - by --Pete - 01-29-2011, 10:57 PM
RE: Network Question - by [vL]Kp - 01-29-2011, 11:35 PM
RE: Network Question - by Taem - 01-30-2011, 12:42 AM
RE: Network Question - by kandrathe - 01-31-2011, 04:32 PM