Net Neutrality--Google--Fairness Doctrine.
First, I made a simple comparison, which may be admittedly over the top. There is no prejudice, and no hate. But, it seems you are seeking to paint it that way. I'm careless when it comes to political correctness, so pardon me if I've trampled on some sacred cows. My position is exactly the one stated by the Anti-Defamation League.

(08-14-2010, 07:31 PM)--Pete Wrote: First, your analogy is trash. The people asking to build a Mosque repudiate (or at least claim to repudiate) the actions of those who brought the towers down. The Neo-Nazis, on the other hand, embrace the philosophy and the actions of those who built Auschwitz in the first place.
What percentage of Muslims applauded the destruction of the WTC, and find OBL a hero for planning it? A large portion of the Muslim population deny that Arabs had anything to do with it. Then there is the troubling matter of Feisal Abdul Rauf's plain covered edition of his book distributed outside the US, "A Call to Prayer from the World Trade Center Rubble: Islamic Dawa in the Heart of America Post-9/11."
Quote:To many (including me), Christianity is a religion that represses (burns) women (thou shall not suffer a witch to live), and is intolerant to any expression other than itself (only through Me will you enter the kingdom of heaven).
When was the last person burned alive as a form of capital punishment? According to Sharia law, you'd be killed, but I might be allowed to live as a 2nd class citizen. Perhaps, you'd prefer the more tolerant of the two evils. I'm as against irrational mob mentality as you. This is why the rule of law, based on Constitutional rights, needs to prevail, over the mob mentality, or those who would seek to theocratize the law.
Quote:You can see that there are, at least, two types of Christians, but it does not suit your world view to accept the possibility that there are two types of Muslims.
There are many types of Christians. Many, such as the Branch Davidians, I wouldn't want building a compound near me either. I think there are many types of Muslims. But, as I stated originally, the law is the law. They have the right to do whatever they like with their land as long as it complies with local codes.
Quote:I'd suggest you scrape some dirt over that post. Bury it deep enough that the stench of prejudice and hatred does not get out.
Look. I'm not against them building the mosque. No one I knew died in the WTC. But, I recognize that some people there may be sensitive to having the appearance of "enemy" building a shrine at the sight of one of their greatest accomplishments. Morality here is the sense of what is right by the majority. If a majority of New Yorkers are against it, then I would say they are making more enemies than friends. They still have the legal right to build it, and damn the torpedoes.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Net Neutrality--Google--Fairness Doctrine. - by kandrathe - 08-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Indonesia and Tobacco - by ShadowHM - 09-02-2010, 02:36 PM
RE: Indonesia and Tobacco - by Hammerskjold - 09-02-2010, 10:11 PM
RE: Indonesia and Tobacco - by ShadowHM - 09-03-2010, 12:09 AM
RE: Indonesia and Tobacco - by --Pete - 09-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Handicap Principle - by ShadowHM - 09-03-2010, 11:35 AM
RE: Handicap Principle - by --Pete - 09-04-2010, 03:48 AM
RE: Handicap Principle - by ShadowHM - 09-09-2010, 12:45 PM
RE: Handicap Principle - by kandrathe - 09-09-2010, 01:19 PM
RE: Handicap Principle - by --Pete - 09-09-2010, 04:18 PM