A Stupid Question From A N00B
I'm a solo-only player. I play offline. Despite my broadband connection, I despise playing under laggy conditions. Even a 100ms ping tends to throw me off my game. Hence, I don't often participate in the online community for D2, and I never trade.

For a long time, I considered the SOJ-base economy to be the most idiotic move imaginable. I know it wasn't the fault of anyone in particular, but an economy, to function, needs to provide a way to acquire currency in a consistent manner. (You couldn't do anything to find SOJs other than "Get really lucky." Hence, the economy was essentially a non-entity until you got your first ten or so.)

Today, I discovered to my suprise that the SOJ economy has effectively crashed. The replacement currency? Chippies. Chipped Gems. What. The. Hell? Chipped Gems. Why on EARTH would someone barter with or for *CHIPPED* gems? Perfects, I could understand. (Indeed, aside from Gold, which was unlikely due to balance reasons, I always figured Gems would make the best currency - Just not CHIPPED gems!) So, would someone be so kind as to explain to this poor, uninformed newbie why CHIPPED gems seem to be the new trading standard?

Messages In This Thread
A Stupid Question From A N00B - by Zadok001 - 07-02-2003, 02:12 AM
A Stupid Question From A N00B - by Sporky Smurf - 07-02-2003, 02:20 AM
A Stupid Question From A N00B - by Count Duckula - 07-02-2003, 02:24 AM
A Stupid Question From A N00B - by Arutha - 07-02-2003, 02:24 AM
A Stupid Question From A N00B - by DralaFi - 07-02-2003, 02:41 AM
A Stupid Question From A N00B - by kier - 07-02-2003, 09:22 AM